Students continued to do their Reading and Writing workshop. They also spent time reading books together with their teacher. They practiced writing these high frequency words: each, said, there, when, how, were, and your.
In Math, they worked on Addition 6-10, Word Problems, and Counting by 5s from 5 to 50.
Kindergartners had a wonderful week creating Christmas crafts! We read “Snow Happy To Be Here” by Cheryl Hawkinson and the students worked on a wonderful project called a “Snowman Glyph.” Glyphs are always exciting because their projects turned out so differently from one other.
To create their snowman glyph, each student had to answer these questions:
1. Do you like snow? Yes = 3 circles, No = 2 circles.
2. How many people in your family? Add a button for each member of your family. For example: 5 people = 5 buttons.
3. Are you a boy or a girl? Girl = ribbon scarf, Boy = tissue scarf.
4. Have you met a snowman yet this year? Yes = carrot nose to the right, No = carrot nose to the left.
5. What is your favorite color? Add a hat in your favorite color.
6. What do you like to do? Add arms and draw something in them that you like to do (e.g., a soccer ball).