Raising happy, well-adjusted, and
successful kids is every parent's dream.
Our balanced approach integrates academics with lots of play
and early character formation so that children have a solid
foundation to build on for their future happiness and success.
Schedule a Visit
Our goal is to provide an effective learning environment so students are ready for the “big” school and to address any gap in readiness that may exist before an achievement gap develops later on. We’re committed to academic excellence and use the Core Knowledge Preschool Sequence– based on the most up-to-date scientific research about how children learn to teach concepts and skills– to build our Early Childhood Literacy & Learning Curriculum.
What Your Child Will Learn
The various components of the Core Knowledge Preschool Sequence are described briefly below.
Movement and Coordination
• Physical Attention and Relaxation
• Gross Motel Skills
• Eye-Hand and Eye-Foot Coordination
• Group Games
• Creative Movement and Expression
Autonomy and Social Skills
• Sense of Self and Personal Responsibility
• Working in a Group Setting
Good Work Habits
• Memory Skills
• Following Directions
• Task Persistence and Completion
• Oral Language
• Nursery Rhymes, Poems, Fingerplays, and Songs
• Children’s Literature: Read Alouds and Storytelling
• Emering Literacy Skills
• Patterns and Classifications
• Numbers and Number Sense
• Addition and Subtraction with Concrete Objects
Orientation in Time
• Measures of Time
• Passage of Time (Past, Present, and Future)
Orientation in Space
• Actual and Represented Space
• Simple Maps
• Basic Geographical Concepts
• Human Characteristics, Needs, and Development
• Animal Characteristics, Needs, and Development
• Plant Characteristics, Needs, and Growth
• Physical Elements (Water, Air, Light)
• Attention to Different Sounds
• Imitate and Produce Sounds
• Listen and Sing
• Listen and Move
• Attention to Visual Detail
• Creating Art (Printing, Painting, Drawing, Collage, Sculpture)
• Looking At and Talking About Art
Every preschooler at Meadows Academy starts where they’re at and then moves forward in a planned, intentional way towards the achievement of certain goals in all areas of learning. We set high expectations for all children and teach them the specific content knowledge and skills that would allow them to be successful in the “big” school. Play is integral to all learning that happens and we strive to ensure that children’s early experiences at school in Meadows Academy are filled with activity, imagination, wonder, and most importantly– fun.
Children Come First
When children enter our doors, they’re welcomed into a warm space of love and support. With the school’s intimate class sizes, children can be themselves in a safe, secure, and nurturing environment where they’re given proper attention and care so they learn and grow, as well as build and develop their character. After all, their long-term happiness is at stake. What could be more important than this?
So how is Core Knowledge Different?
The Core Knowledge Preschool Sequence is modeled after programs and practices that have been empirically validated with millions of children across the world. The school expects high standards and expectations of all its students. Each child begins where they’re at, and everyone moves forward based in a very intentional way towards the achievement of benchmarks, thereby ensuring readiness for learning in later years.
In a nutshell, Core Knowledge is different from other preschool programs based on its focus on the following:
• Identifying specific goals in all areas of learning;
• Setting high expectations for all children; and
• Teaching specific content knowledge and skills so children can be successful in kindergarten and later grades.